Tim Autrey is a recognized thought leader in human performance. Through his ground-breaking approach known as Practicing Perfection® and creation of the Practicing Perfection Institute, Inc. (PPI), and PPI Global, Ltd., he and the PPI Team have helped organizations around the world develop Next-Generation Leadership while enhancing safety and reducing human error.
Tim has been a student of behavioral psychology since his earliest days. He spent over a year of his life underwater aboard the USS Ohio (the first Trident submarine- SSBN 726) studying human behavior.
During a twenty-year career in the US commercial nuclear power industry, Tim Autrey orchestrated and achieved major successes in human performance:
- He functioned as a key member of the management team responsible for the fastest ever nuclear plant turnaround
- He designed and deployed a human performance enhancement approach that resulted in an 87.5% reduction in human error over a 30-month period
- He developed a simple Error Elimination Tools™ handbook that has since been adopted by organizations around the globe
The Practicing Perfection® approach has taken the best-of-the-best tactics and tools from the US commercial nuclear power and airline industries, as well as insights gained from academia and scientific studies. These have been synergized and simplified. They have then been combined with underlying triggers and influencers of behavior in a manner that leverages positive intrinsic aspects of human nature.
While many “preach” the concepts of “just culture,” “safety culture,” and “high reliability,” Tim Autrey and the team at PPI have been helping organizations sustainably GROW just, safe, and reliable cultures since 2005. Because of the culture-transforming impact of the Practicing Perfection® approach, PPI Clients have experienced an unparalleled string of successes- synergistic improvements in Reliability, Efficiency, Productivity, and Safety (REPS).
Across the board, from executive to mid-level managers, to front line supervisors, many who have participated in Practicing Perfection® Leadership Training have considered it “Best training ever attended!” Many of those having attended HU BASIC Training™ thought the experience to be, “life-changing.”
Tim Autrey continues to lead as CEO of PPI, blazing the trail of constant and never-ending improvement that has become the hallmark of the Institute. Whether developing new insights and materials, or delivering his message across the US and Canada, throughout Europe, or in other parts of the world, he does so as an uncompromising champion of human possibility.
In addition to giving keynote speeches and conducting executive-level trainings, Tim continues to publish.
- He periodically publishes Special Reports on key Performance Improvement issues and initiatives.
- He authored the Electrical Power Research Institute (EPRI) publication, Human Error Reduction: An Implementation Guideline in 2010.
- His best-selling book, 6-Hour Safety Culture: How to Sustainably Reduce Human Error and Risk (and do what training alone can’t possibly do) was published in 2015.
- In January 2017 he launched REPSradio.com, a podcast dedicated to challenging the status quo in all things Performance Improvement
For PDF version Click Here.